Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Back against the wall...



Have you ever tried to pry a star fish off a rock?
It is almost impossible without a knife
and
I don't recommend it
It will damage the star fish
and you don't want to do that do you?
~
It is best to let it alone 
some times it will move
ever so slowly into another position or place
but it takes a long time
~
The underside of the star fish has thousands of tiny tinnicles
that grab for a surface to cling to
they have to
to be able to withstand the beating of the surf 
and 
to keep from being tumbled amongst the rocks
or from being misplaced
~
I don't know about you
but I can see just how much I have been like the star fish
~
I have thosands of tiny
 but strong 
opinions, routines, habits, beliefs, memories, experiences
that keep me clinging and inmobile
awaiting the potential pounding from life
~
Movement for me is slow
deliberate
and 
sometimes hard to coordinate
because
~
Sometimes I have to let go of 
a lot
even if it is alot of little things
to make progress
~
Protection or progress
which do you choose? 

No comments:

Post a Comment