Friday, December 30, 2011

Simplicity



Simplicity is the removal of the useless and the unnecessary--source unknown


Yesterday a dear blogger goddess
sent me "The Simple Living Pledge" to consider 
for the new year...
~
Her timing was PERFECT
as once again
I had over committed
~
The Simple Living Pledge

I pledge to live a simple life through: - decluttering; - using less; - learning to be sustainable in all aspects of life; - slowing down and finding joy in little things; - reconnecting with my inner self; - spending more time with my loved ones; - elevating experiences above possessions.
(And for me I'm adding...)
Letting go of the burden of "obligation"
Go here to read more and to take the pledge
~
I don't know about you
but obligation is encoded in my DNA
a reflexive response to any request
with a hearty,
 "Sure, that would be great!"
 "No Problem!" 
"I'd love to!"
~
Then either immediately
or when the 'event' arrives
I'm standing there scratching my head saying
"WHAT WAS I THINKING?"
~
Come on admit it...
I KNOW I am not the only one does this
~
So this new year
along with
Reduce
Reuse
Recycle
~
I am adding
Re-choose 




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the Simple Living pledge, Julia, I was so excited when I noticed your name! Together we can move mountains, banal as it sounds.

    It is good to be a bit egoistic sometimes and let go of the "obligations" for the sake of our own sanity and self-respect.

    ReplyDelete