Friday, February 17, 2012

Someday...

 Someday
someone is going to tell her
she is not enough
~
they will tell her she can be 
better
~
if only she


would change her hair color
hide her freckles
shape her eyebrows
lose weight


Someday
they will be told to dress more 
provocative
~
that cute is not enough
and that 
sexy is better


 I'm wondering
how someone would think
this is not perfection


the ability to stare into a camera
unapologetic
playful
uninhibited


The collective she
is trusting us to teach her about 
what
is beautiful


because right now it is her belief that
beauty is in 
movement, laughter, and uncomplicated expression
~
not in
dress size, popularity or fashion labels


My question is
Are we going to let her down?

4 comments:

  1. these are the most beautiful girls.....wow !!
    and your words....just as beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh...thank you Beth. Really...
      Wish you were closer so I could have YOU photograph them! : )

      Delete
  2. Your post was lovely as usual, but those girls were so adorable I couldn't take my eyes off of them! I think they stole the show. ;) Even two of my girls spotted them and wandered over to exclaim over their cuteness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. If only you could bottle that kind of adorableness and keep it forever.

    ReplyDelete