Saturday, December 10, 2011

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

Lauren decorating her tree

Daniel 
(my son) 
just got home 
from chopping the tree
 I stayed home with the baby
while she napped
I love that he went out into the forest 
and picked the tree nice and fresh its so intimate
don't you think
~
It is the
 ultimate of Christmas in the mountains
the man, in the snow, with his dog, and a saw
the silence of the woods, and the crunch of snow
Perhaps we will decorate it tonight and I can do a little family 
photo shoot
I love being behind the lenses during the holidays it gives just enough degrees of separation 
to not get sucked into the madness
~
I love carols playing on stereo, fire crackling in the fireplace some eggnog, cocoa or hot cider
little twinkle lights, ornaments with stories
~
I love stringing popcorn and cranberries and writing Christmas cards to friends and family
~
Fingers crossed...
I will get enough of the holiday experience here so that I won't feel required to go home and decorate 
my apartment
~
Thinking about it 
is giving me a headache
after all this year it will only be me and the cat and other than a new place for her to hide Bushka doesn't really appreciate 
or care if I have a tree
~
Does it sound like I am trying to talk myself out of decorating?
You are absolutely correct! 
Does my
post 
look 
like
tree

1 comment:

  1. I love this photo! Sounds like a wonderful Christmas experience, but if you're like me, you'll still end up decorating your apartment at least a little. :)

    ReplyDelete