Monday, December 12, 2011

While the Who's lay a snooze in their town...


Doesn't it look like it is out of the book How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Every year they find a different way to string the lights


The whole village is covered with pin pricks of light
hundreds of trees
it is like walking through a fairy land


I'm not well versed in night photography
No tripod
Hands shaking
No clue on shutter speed
or 
aperture


just a girl wondering around the village at 6:00 a.m.
lucky I wasn't arrested
no woman in her right mind would be out  at the hour
with the temperature way below freezing


but I just couldn't resist the urge to
take a intimate walk in the village
without the crowds and cars
~
Just me and my camera
and the stillness and magic
of darkness and lights
in a village that slumbers

No comments:

Post a Comment